Author Topic: UI elements blackened out  (Read 667 times)

Phileosophos

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
UI elements blackened out
« on: August 12, 2022, 08:53:22 PM »
I've been using the beta for a few days now, and one thing I've noticed is that every time I connect to that PC via Remote Desktop, it results in UI elements being blackened out. It's most noticeable to me in some elements of the status bar and the edit controls in dialog boxes. The problem persists after logging onto the machine locally. I don't remember this happening with the latest non-beta release FWIW, because I often use SlickEdit through RDP.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 528
Re: UI elements blackened out
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2022, 11:25:31 PM »
Leaving SlickEdit running and switching between remote and local usage is problematic. You must restart.

jporkkahtc

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 210
  • Text
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2022, 12:06:27 AM »
I've not really noticed problems due to remote access per se.
It is mostly about display scaling.
If any display changes from not scaled to scaled (or scaled to no scaled) this confuses Slickedit rendering - and you must restart slickedit to recover.

However, if Slickedit is in Darkmode, it seems to be fine.

So, try using dark mode -- does this fix you problem?

Phileosophos

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2022, 03:40:03 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried "dark mode" and didn't see any problem. But then when I switched back to normal mode, the problem wasn't there any more, so I don't know if that fixed it or it had already just disappeared. I guess I've got to keep fussing at it to figure out what it is.