Author Topic: SlickEdit 12.0.2 next_window bugs  (Read 2436 times)

shardin

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
SlickEdit 12.0.2 next_window bugs
« on: July 29, 2007, 10:36:18 pm »
I hope you find this bug report and steps to reproduce helpful.

Bug #1: Some tabs (windows) are not recognized by next_window and always skipped, as if the window isn't in whatever internal list it uses.

Bug #2: next_window doesn't always open the next window, as if the current window is listed twice in whatever internal list it uses. Ctrl-Tab has to be pressed twice to get beyond that particular window, but not others.

Bug #3: next_window doesn't open windows in the same order as the GUI tabs displaying the file names.  Maybe this is just a symptom of bug #1.

To reproduce in SlickEdit 12.0.2 for Windows:

1. Open a c++ file using "e filename" command
2. Open another c++ file by double-clicking in the preview window
3. Mouse-click on the tab of the window opened in step #1
4. Ctrl-Tab (next_window) will ALWAYS skip over the window opened in step #2

Wild guess:  The list of windows used by next_window isn't always populated, and can sometimes contain duplicate entries.  Maybe it isn't sorted in the same order as the tabs visually appear but I'm not sure about that one.

shardin

• Community Member
Re: SlickEdit 12.0.2 next_window bugs
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 04:35:54 pm »
Vim emulation seems to be causing problems with next_window.

Easiest steps to reproduce.

1. enable Vim emulation
2. close all open files
3. use CTRL+A and open several existing files with one command
   e file1.cpp file2.cpp file3.cpp
4. click on the Window menu, and you'll see that only file3.cpp is listed (so CTRL+TAB won't work because SlickEdit thinks there's only 1 window open)

The same steps above using CUA in step #1 works fine.  So something with Vim emulation might be causing this problem.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 242
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 06:26:10 pm »
The reason the window menu does not show all the buffers is because "One file per window" is off.  The window menu is only supposed to show windows and not buffers.  The "One file per window" option is on Tools>General>General Tab.  Try turning it on to see if you like it.

shardin

• Community Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 04:14:30 pm »
The reason the window menu does not show all the buffers is because "One file per window" is off.  The window menu is only supposed to show windows and not buffers.  The "One file per window" option is on Tools>General>General Tab.  Try turning it on to see if you like it.

Thanks, that worked!  I guess Vim emulation turns that option off and it was confusing because there were multiple tabs opened, but switching between them with next_window didn't work.

I think I can now very strongly recommend SlickEdit 2007 without any reservations, and I'm very impressed by the speed and quality of response in this forum.