Author Topic: diffZilla - multifile diff show files that are not different  (Read 674 times)

earl_bushman@yahoo.com

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
diffZilla - multifile diff show files that are not different
« on: September 20, 2022, 05:19:54 PM »
Multifile diff show files that are not different. When I click on one of the files in the list give from the compare, many of files give me a dialog box that indicates the files are the same, open anyway. In the options "Show Matching Files" is not selected. What do I need to do to only see files that are different.

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 153
Re: diffZilla - multifile diff show files that are not different
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 12:59:29 PM »
Is there any chance you can send me a pair of the offending files?  If so, it would be better to zip them up so nothing happens to them in transit.

earl_bushman@yahoo.com

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: diffZilla - multifile diff show files that are not different
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 01:41:19 PM »
In my attempts to get you example files that are not company confidential, I discovered some additional information. The multifile diff that I was doing is: one is on my "C:" drive (Windows10), and the other is on a network drive mapped to "U:" the network drive is \\wsl$\Ubuntu (a Linux virtual machine on the same Windows machine.

Using "File Explorer" I copied the two files to a directory tree on my C: drive, to make it easy to put in one zip file. However, when I run diffZilla on the two directories in this tree, I do not see the issue. Therefore, I don't think the issue is related to the files, but is related to using a mapped network drive. Attached is the zipped directory tree anyway.

I just did a diff of a local directory and a mapped network drive that is on a different windows computer. Also, a diff with a mapped network drive with a native Linux machine. Both of this diffs did not show the issue, so the issue only seems to be related to the virtual machine.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 02:02:47 PM by earl_bushman@yahoo.com »