Author Topic: Find Symbol window  (Read 1884 times)

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 526
Re: Find Symbol window
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2023, 02:08:01 AM »
What kind of laptop do you have? I've got a Surface Laptop 1 (i5). It's not really a dev machine but useful for testing certain things like touch screen and touch pad on Windows. The surface laptops touch pad is pretty good but I'm more of a keyboard user.

Dennis

• Hero Points: 515
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2023, 01:09:10 PM »
As an experiment, try turning off drag-drop support in the editor:  Tools > Options... > Editing > General > Allow drag-drop of text = OFF

If it works correctly for you with this feature disabled, then we can figure out if there is a bug in the drag-drop setup code for tree controls, or if we need a separate option to turn it off for tool windows.

joecar

• Hero Points: 9
  • engineer/gearhead
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2023, 10:24:35 PM »
What kind of laptop do you have? I've got a Surface Laptop 1 (i5). It's not really a dev machine but useful for testing certain things like touch screen and touch pad on Windows. The surface laptops touch pad is pretty good but I'm more of a keyboard user.
Lenovo Yoga C740-14IML with 1TB SSD running Windows 10 Pro
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 10:26:27 PM by joecar »

joecar

• engineer/gearhead
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2023, 10:25:31 PM »
As an experiment, try turning off drag-drop support in the editor:  Tools > Options... > Editing > General > Allow drag-drop of text = OFF

If it works correctly for you with this feature disabled, then we can figure out if there is a bug in the drag-drop setup code for tree controls, or if we need a separate option to turn it off for tool windows.
Ok, thanks, I will try this.

joecar

• engineer/gearhead
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2023, 11:09:55 AM »
Allow drag-drop of text = OFF
Yep, this fixes the double tap.

Dennis

• Hero Points: 515
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2023, 10:26:25 PM »
I finally had time to track this down.  The problem was on account of the (somewhat new) code to handle drag-n-drop from the Find Symbol tool window into the editor control.  It needed some tweaks to catch double-click consistently.  A fix will be in the first hot fix for 27.0.2. 

You can work around the problem for now by setting Tools > Options... > General > Allow drag drop of text = OFF.