Author Topic: Word wrap does not work in backup history comparison window  (Read 781 times)

TheHumbleOne

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Word wrap does not work in backup history comparison window
« on: January 25, 2023, 12:50:02 AM »
I am using the latest version on SlickEdit on Windows 10. When I use the backup history window to compare different versions of the same file, the word-wrap feature does not work for .txt files. I have confirmed that .txt files are configured as Plain Text files -- and "Enable soft wrap" is checked for Plain Text files.

There must be a setting that I am missing here. Anybody has come across this issue?

My Configuration:
SlickEdit Pro 2022 (v27.0.1.0 64-bit Qt5)
Operating System: Windows 10 - 64 Bit

Another note: In the older version of SlickEdit, SlickEdit Pro 2015 (v20.0.3.0 64-bit), the word-wrap feature in the backup history comparison window works perfectly for .txt files.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 05:09:50 AM by TheHumbleOne »

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 153
Re: Word wrap does not work in backup history comparison window
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 01:15:37 PM »
How long are the lines that are being wrapped?

TheHumbleOne

• Community Member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2023, 02:25:35 PM »
The lines that are being wrapped have hundreds of words in them. I am using SlickEdit not only to write code, but also regular text for things like blog posts. In a regular text paragraph, I might have two hundred lines without a carriage-return character. In the older version of SlickEdit, SlickEdit Pro 2015 (v20.0.3.0 64-bit), in a backup history comparison window, the text files will wrap properly. I have attached a screenshot of what I see with the older version. You can try the same experiment with the latest version of SlickEdit and you will see that the word-wrap feature does not work in the history comparison window.

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2023, 02:59:41 PM »
I have to look into this.

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2023, 01:42:29 PM »
27.0.1 is actually the correct behavior.  v20.0.3 actually had a bug that didn't shut off softwrap.

The issue is that we can't balance the lines.  I know it's difficult to spot the difference scrolling horizontally, but the whole diff will be out of sync otherwise.

TheHumbleOne

• Community Member
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2023, 03:37:23 AM »
Dan: Thank you for looking into this. The issue of not being able to use softwrap in DIFFzilla is not a big issue.