Author Topic: xretrace, xxutils and a few other things  (Read 16992 times)

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
Re: xretrace, xxutils and a few other things
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2024, 10:18:04 PM »
It seems the timer isn't running.  I doubt if _use_timers is going wrong  - that's slick.
Can you see if there is anything in the log file in the config logs folder.

static void retrace_timer_callback2()
{
   if (!_use_timers || xretrace_timer_handle < 0)
      return;
   if (retrace_no_re_entry > 0) {
      xretrace_re_entry_happened = true;
      dsay("xretrace re-entry 1", "xretrace");
      return;
   }
   ++retrace_no_re_entry;
   retrace_timer_callback2_has_started = true;
   if (retrace_no_re_entry == 1) {
      maintain_cursor_retrace_history();
   }
   else if ( !xretrace_re_entry_happened ) {
      xretrace_re_entry_happened = true;
      dsay("xretrace re-entry 2", "xretrace");
   }
   --retrace_no_re_entry;
}

Graeme

« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2024, 10:26:31 PM »
also chkrun 1 1
is strange, it means xretrace hasn't started but the timer has started.
I think that is theoretically impossible.  Also if you have xretrace auto start enabled, why does it think xretrace hasn't started the first time.

rowbearto

• Hero Points: 132
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2024, 10:51:12 PM »
I added a bunch of dsay to see what was going on. Looked like callback2 wasn't getting called as often as it should. Then I added more dsay() and the issue went away and seems to work now - xretrace_cursor_steps doesn't ask to start xretrace and it does seem to navigate to the right spots. Some kind of race condition and I can't get it back.

I had both of these happen before, xretrace_cursor_steps() continually asking to reload, then when it finally does work the <left>, <right> go to the right places, but then eventually the <left>, <right> go to the wrong places. It is working now, even after I removed some of my dsay that made it work. Not sure how I can get it to repro again.

Graeme

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2024, 10:59:30 PM »
when you say it happened before, do you mean a year or two ago or just since you tried V28?

If you keep getting problems I'll try it on Linux myself  - I have to use vmware and I'm not sure what state it's in.

rowbearto

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2024, 11:01:06 PM »
By before I meant since I started using v28.

I had lots of user loaded modules in my <config>/28.0.1/UserMacros/xretrace so I unloaded all of them.

I then deleted directory <config>/28.0.1/UserMacros/xretrace and deleted my vslick.sta file. Then I loaded the plugin. Now I don't see any xretrace macros in Macro->List loaded modules. But xretrace-cursor-steps seems to be working and taking me to the right places. Will update if it starts failing.

Graeme

« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2024, 11:10:11 PM »
ok, further below is from the xretrace help file doc but see this message too.
https://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,18320.msg73885.html#msg73885
so maybe check the tag file and remove any non plugin xretrace files.

I will have to try and tidy up the xretrace postings in this forum as it's too hard for anyone to figure out what's going on with multiple out of order threads about xretrace.

Installation for plugin version -SlickEdit V26 or later
If you have a non plugin version of xretrace/ xxutils installed then you should firstly do the following.
Run the command xretrace_disable
xretrace V2.21 documentation
Tuesday, 21 September 2021
3:22 pm
xretrace docs Page 1
Run the command xretrace_disable
Close any xretrace-scrollbar windows you have -probably none.
Unload all of the associated macro ex files using the List User-Loaded Modules option in the Slick Macro menu. These are as followsxnotepad.ex, xkeydefs.ex, xtemp-file-manager.ex, xblock-selection-editor.ex, xretrace.ex, xretrace_scrollbar.ex, xretrace_popup.ex, xxutils.ex, DLinkList.ex, xload-macros.ex
To install the plugin, use the plugin_install command and browse to the xretrace plugin zip file. If you need to reinstall the plugin, you do not need to unload anything first -just use the plugin_install command again.

rowbearto

« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2024, 11:12:41 PM »
In v27 I thought I was using the plugin, so I only reloaded the plugin for v28. Don't know why those macros were listed in user loaded modules, maybe it goes back to v26 or earlier? Anyway seems cleaned up now, hopefully it doesn't start failing.