Author Topic: Customer portal change and existing licenses  (Read 2266 times)

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
Re: Customer portal change and existing licenses
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2023, 11:32:46 AM »
As far as I can see, the reciept doesn't tell how long the maintanence contract was good for. I tried to keep it paid a few years in advance so I'd still have it if I ran into a period where I was having financial problems again. The last reciept I have was for 2022, but I am certain that 2023 was not the last year of maintanence. Unfortunatly, I didn't take a screenshot of the state of my account information before the website was changed.
When I last bought maintenance in June I got two simultaneous invoice emails from slick, the first indicated it was for $90-00 maintenance and my payment details and the second indicated it was some no charge upgrade thing which I'm not sure what it was for.  Google kindly archives all my emails for me indefinitely.  Believe it or not I managed not to download my license files when the warning came to download them in November but I'm not currently using slick as I'm doing some Flutter/dart development instead of embedded software now.

jwiede

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 12
Re: Customer portal change and existing licenses
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2024, 05:09:04 AM »
If your product is covered by Maintenance and Support, your upgrade to v28 is free. Download your v28 license file now by logging into your slickedit.com account at https://www.slickedit.com/myproducts. Go to your registered products page and click free upgrade. Continue through the 0.00 cart order and your product and license file will update in your web portal. You must download and save your v28 license file by November 25th. Otherwise, you will lose your free upgrade.

Alas, despite having maintenance that ran through 12/2023, I was involved in a rather hurried move at the beginning Nov (back home to take care of elderly parent).  This is the first time I've had time to dig into this matter.  Long, long time Slickedit customer, but as I didn't download either v27 or v28 licenses (nor upgrade to v28) nor even see this message until now.  I guess my main question is:  Am I basically out of luck w.r.t. v28 upgrade and v27 license?

Just trying to understand what happened -- I wasn't working on platforms lately where I could use SE so hadn't been checking in here for many months, alas.  Hope there's some way to work things out.  Thanks!

-John W