Author Topic: Can't have a different tag file directory as the source files?  (Read 1450 times)

tlhumm

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
I upgraded from 26.06 to  26.03.1 and now if I move the tag file to my local drive, it changes the base path to all my source to that location and won't let me change it. This worked before and I need to do this for performance over a VPN. Any workarounds for this.

tlhumm

• Community Member
Re: Can't have a different tag file directory as the source files?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024, 10:13:33 PM »
I got it to work by moving the tag file to the same place as the source files. Made sure I could see and go to a source file, then I moved the tag file to a local directory and it seems to be OK now.

tlhumm

• Community Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2024, 08:19:35 PM »
Well not sure how I got it to work, but I can't get it to work anymore. It looks like there's no way to do this?

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 530
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2024, 10:21:28 PM »
There are a couple ways to do this:

Create a new Project. When you create the new project, specify the location of the workspace and project on your local drive. Then add the source files from the remote location to the project.

(this will be very slow for a large project): Remove all files from your project. Move your workspace and project file to your local drive. Then add the source files from the remote location to the project.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 10:35:05 PM by Clark »

Dennis

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 517
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2024, 06:50:13 PM »
If this is a workspace tag file, you can change the workspace tag files directory to point it to a local drive:  Project > Workspace Properties... > Tag Files Directory...