Author Topic: "Paper Length" - possible to config custom size ?  (Read 4379 times)

scanreg

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
"Paper Length" - possible to config custom size ?
« on: September 25, 2007, 03:15:57 pm »
Is it possible to config the "paper length" somewhere in config ?

I know that you can select "Letter" and lots of other pre-defined paper sizes, but I have a need to create a custom size, specifically paper length 100.

Many thanks  :)

Lisa

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 23
  • User-friendly geek-speak translator extraordinaire
Re: "Paper Length" - possible to config custom size ?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 04:17:31 pm »
I don't believe there is a way to do this, but I could be wrong. I notice that other common Windows apps also do not have a way to specify a custom size. I tested Internet Explorer, Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat. I wonder if this isn't something to do with the operating system or the printer used instead of something SlickEdit would control? I say that because if you do a Google search for "print custom paper size" you get some printer-specific and OS-specific information.

StephenW

• Hero Points: 21
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 09:52:16 pm »
I just tried it on our Xerox Document Center 405 postscript drivers, and I found an option hidden away in the the Advanced Options window for "Paper size: Postscript custom page size".  That window seems to allow you to set up any paper size you like.  So if you have postscript drivers for any of your printers, you might like to see if they have a similar option.

scanreg

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 04:34:46 pm »
Thanks very much. The print driver is set up as Generic / RAW and so far I haven't found a way to set up a custom paper size. I'll keep on the trail, though. Thanks, again :)

hs2

• Hero Points: 288
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 04:42:15 pm »
BTW: Fineprint (http://www.fineprint.com/) is an excellent printer enhancement which also allows to setup custom paper sizes etc. - HS2