Author Topic: 'refactor-quick-rename' invalidates bookmarks  (Read 3212 times)

hs2

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 288
'refactor-quick-rename' invalidates bookmarks
« on: October 04, 2007, 10:57:07 am »
It seems that 'refactor-quick-rename' (e.g. w/ precise =='') invalidates all bookmarks being set in the files which were changed (and saved). In fact all affected bookmarks are set to col = 0  / line = 0.
BTW: IMHO it's not neccessary that the window size of the diff/refactor results is associated to the file/buffer set in charge. Curr. with every new file/buffer pair I need to adjust the window size. So 1 (global) window size should be fine.

HS2

hs2

• Hero Points: 288
Re: 'refactor-quick-rename' invalidates bookmarks
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 03:57:49 pm »
Any news/confirmation about that ? Loosing my boomarks when quick refactoring is quite annoying...
HS2

ScottW, VP of Dev

• Hero Points: 64
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 04:45:01 pm »
Noted and passed to the development team. Hopefully, we'll be able to fix this as part of SlickEdit 2008.

outsider

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 11:12:46 am »
Hi Scott,

I'm running v11.0.2 and while the chances are that I will probably be upgrading to 2008, please tell me that you plan to release some kind of hotfix for the rest of us guys. In the meantime I've had to abandon using refactor-quick-rename (either that or stop using bookmarks) because of this issue so effectively my product is lacking a feature that it is supposed to have.

regards