Author Topic: code completion?  (Read 5182 times)

illynova

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
code completion?
« on: August 05, 2006, 03:22:29 am »
Hey all,

Just started playing around with the trial version of slick edit, and I must say I'm very impressed! I imported my project from Visual C++ Express 2005, and it looks like everything works....

... with one niggling little thing that would prevent me from jumping ship. Code completion seems a little iffy - while my own classes are recogonized, like:

Player* player = sess->GetPlayer()

and then if I type in:

player->

I'll get a listing of all the members 'n such. Great! Buuuuuuuut if I try to use one of Ogre's classes, such as Vector3, it won't give me a listing. I've told slickedit to build a tags database for Ogre's include files, and it seemed to work (it picks up on it, just won't give me code completion)

Any ideas? This is the only thing I need now! :)

Scott H

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 9
Re: code completion?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 03:03:48 pm »
Buuuuuuuut if I try to use one of Ogre's classes, such as Vector3, it won't give me a listing. I've told slickedit to build a tags database for Ogre's include files, and it seemed to work (it picks up on it, just won't give me code completion)

Can you build the project with a reference to Vector3?

I loaded the Ogre sample app and I had the same problem.  However, I then looked in the Ogre header files and saw that the objects are defined under the "Ogre" namespace.  Adding the following:

Code: [Select]
using namespace Ogre;
to the top of my file fixed the problem.  After typing...

Code: [Select]
Vector3* vector = new Vector3();
vector->

I successfully got auto-completions.