Author Topic: New forum, for completed macros  (Read 7130 times)

asandler

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 27
New forum, for completed macros
« on: November 04, 2007, 02:12:35 PM »
Is there any way to separate completed and working macros from Slick-C programming questions, on this forum? I mean, at the moment, person looking for a way to "enhance his(her) SlickEdit experience" have no place to go. Old macros page is dead and the fact that new macros can be found here is not obvious. I think new, separated forum for completed macros is the solution. In any case, please solve this problem.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 02:32:12 PM by asandler »

asandler

Re: New forum, for completed macros
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 11:43:32 AM »
Any response on this? Anyone?

MartyL

• Hero Points: 29
  • Synergex
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 04:19:28 PM »
I don't think adding a new forum would be of any benefit. You'll notice that many of the Slick-C related topics end up in the SlickEdit Discussion forum anyway.

StephenW

• Hero Points: 21
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 08:13:39 PM »
My vote goes with asandler on this one.  If you are not on the forums at the time macros are posted, finding them all is next to impossible.  They really need a place where they are all indexed somehow.  My preference would be for a web page that pointed to the places in the forums they were posted, as the discussion about them can be important to know when using them.

asandler

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 02:37:21 PM »
I don't think adding a new forum would be of any benefit. You'll notice that many of the Slick-C related topics end up in the SlickEdit Discussion forum anyway.

MartyL, I am not sure I see your point. My proposal comes to avoid situations that you described.
Anyway, two weeks since I posted my proposal for the first time and it received no "official" attention whatsoever. So I guess we all better forget about it.