Author Topic: Where does Visual SlickEdit save the current options?  (Read 6568 times)

Marcel.Kummer

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Where does Visual SlickEdit save the current options?
« on: September 07, 2006, 01:39:22 PM »
Hi Folks!

As there was a network problem this morning I had to reinstall Visual SlickEdit. I thought myself lucky because I saved many files with user data from Visual SlickEdit before the crash:
- uprint.ini
- usceme.ini
- user.vlx
and others...

It worked all right to insert these files into the Slick directory.
 ??? Unfortunately the options set in Tools\Options\General where not part of my saved files.

Does anyone know, where these options are being saved?
Thanks a lot!
Marcel

Dswag89

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 4
Re: Where does Visual SlickEdit save the current options?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 02:05:01 PM »
Correct me where I'm wrong (I'm sure that won't be a problem), but for Windows, all configuration files are saved whereever your "VSLICKCONFIG" environment variable points.  Back with SE6, I always had this pointed to "c:\vslick".  Whenever I got a new PC, I would save off my old c:\vslick directory.  Point to my network-based SlickEdit EXE, run it and close it (to get a new c:\vslick populated), and then recover my original directory.  This would give me seamless transition to a new PC.  I haven't had to do this yet with 11.0.x, but plan to try this strategy here as well.

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 03:07:57 PM »

If you haven't already, put the files you saved in a safe place where they can't be overrwritten.

If vusrdefs.e was one of the files, you need to reload it manually by typing its full name (including path) on the slick command line and pressing <return>.

Graeme

Marcel.Kummer

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 09:48:49 AM »
Dswag89: In my case the files are located in C:\programs\SlickEdit and in my personal settings folder (sorry I don't know its english name) C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Me\My Files\My SlickEdit Config\10.0.2.

Graeme: Unfortuantely the file vusrdefs.e was not among the ones I saved. I had a look into this file and it is containing exactly the information I want to save.

Thanks a lot!
Marcel