Author Topic: Request for SlickEdit Wiki  (Read 8398 times)

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
Request for SlickEdit Wiki
« on: December 06, 2007, 10:13:01 PM »

Any chance of a SlickEdit supported Wiki with major categories such as user macros; tips; solutions; common problems; platform specific tips; "did you know"; "most popular" slickedit features; FAQs (copy from SE web page); requested features with voting.

I think the SE community is responsible enough to make this useful and well organized  - if not, there'd probably be volunteers from the community to be administrators.  It would need to be a Wiki with rollback/ revisioning and author notification and preferably a locking mechanism so that only the original author could modify (except for admins).

Also, information such as this
http://community.slickedit.com/index.php?topic=463.msg1882#msg1882
posted by Clark could be added there.

Graeme

Lisa

• Hero Points: 24
  • User-friendly geek-speak translator extraordinaire
Re: Request for SlickEdit Wiki
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 10:42:18 PM »
You tryin' to put me out of a job Graeme?
Or are you suggesting this on top of the regular documentation? (ie, I need more to do?)
;)

Graeme

• Hero Points: 347
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 11:10:43 PM »
You tryin' to put me out of a job Graeme?
Or are you suggesting this on top of the regular documentation? (ie, I need more to do?)
;)

Well, if you think it might put you out of a job then forget I mentioned it but I don't think it would as the shipped user manual needs to be as complete as possible.  Applications that require you to connect to the internet to get help I think suck.  Anyway, you'd probably be kept even more busy from having to keep up with the Wiki as well as the forums.  :)

BTW - how far away is "docbook" help?

Graeme

ScottW, VP of Dev

• Hero Points: 64
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 04:18:33 PM »
Alas, our migration to DocBook was a victim of tight schedules, so it won't be in the SlickEdit 2008 release. I doubt we can do this in one of our updates, so it will likely be part of the SlickEdit 2009 release plan*.

* The opinions expressed are those of the author and in no way represent those of SlickEdit Inc. Void where prohibitied. Your mileage may vary.  ;)