Ok, so attached is the file that mods the Tagging system to recognize doxygen style \ tags instead of @ tags. The core of the system is an override of the system function _parseJavadocComment. Most of the body is the same, with the needed mods. Let me say now, overriding SE system functions is DANGEROUS, so use at your own risk, and be aware of how this might effect future updates and hotfixes. Also, let me say that I did this as a "need now" item in my very sparse free time, so it is not necessarily "cleaned up" for show.
With the new module installed, you should get automatic detection of the comment tag style. This is based on the first type of tag detected in any one comment block, so feel free to mix and match within one file, but not within the same comment block. There is also a global variable jrm_use_doxygen that can be used to turn off the auto detection, and more or less go back to the built in system.
There are also a couple of other, not totally related things in here. First off, the HTML conversion for comments totally ignores line breaks - I found that sometimes hard to read, so there is a bit in there that makes two consecutive line breaks into an actual line break in the resulting xml. We also use the \brief tag a lot at the beginning of the comment, but the xml stuff treats that as a separate section from the main description, so it ends up far down the documentation. I like seeing that first, so if the first tag is \brief, then that line is also treated as part of the main description. Finally, in some cases the shipping parser was messing up if there was text on the same line as the opening of the comment, so the following code:
/** Main Description starts here
* @param foo Describes foo
* @return TRUE always
int fobar(int foo);
Would result in the parser not finding the param and return, but rather lumping it all into the description, so you would see the doc as:
Main Description starts here @param foo Describes foo @return TRUE always
There were a lot of such comment blocks in existing code, so there is a fix for that as well.
To install this, copy the attached file to your system - I put it in my "My Documents\My SlickEdit Config\12.0.3" folder (not sure if that is the ideal place, but it works.) Then go to the "Macro->Load Module" menu item and load the file. You should be good to go.