Author Topic: Window title  (Read 5891 times)

dunkers

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 36
Window title
« on: August 16, 2006, 11:08:29 AM »
With v10 the Slickedit window title was <project name> - <current file>. Having just installed V11 I find the title is just "SlickEdit".

Is there any way of getting the v10 title back? I find it invaluable because I often switch between slightly different versions of projects, and the title is sometimes the only thing that keeps me from changing the wrong project.

I realise the project name is available on the Project mini-window, but I usually don't have the opened, and when I do the path can put the final name off the right of the window.

Wanderer

• Hero Points: 23
Re: Window title
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 11:44:58 AM »
Don't remember where the attached file is from, maybe SlickEdit support.
Sets SlickEdit window title to: <Project> - <file_name>

dunkers

• Hero Points: 36
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 12:39:50 PM »
Thank you very much.

It turns out I had this file but it was so long ago I thought it was built into SlickEdit. When I installed v11 it couldn't copy this macro across to the new setup so dropped it. I'm a much happier bunny now, thanks :)

sigmund

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 9
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 10:28:43 AM »
I have a co-worker that would like to add the project name to the SlickEdit window title (he has three instances of SlickEdit open and identifying them sometimes gets tricky).  He tried the macro attached above, but that did not work.  Any ideas how this can be done with new versions of SlickEdit?

sigmund

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 9
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 10:24:57 AM »
In case anyone else reads this old post, this code works for adding the workspace name (flag=1) to the SlickEdit window title:
Code: [Select]
_command void setappcapflag ( int flag=3 )
{
   _default_option(VSOPTION_APPLICATION_CAPTION_FLAGS,flag);
   _config_modify_flags(CFGMODIFY_OPTION);
}

Copied from:
https://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,17381.0.html