Author Topic: Build window could be better  (Read 3693 times)

rwuest

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Build window could be better
« on: February 22, 2008, 05:49:03 PM »
This has been this way a long time and I really don't like it.  I'm running Linux.  Used to be, when I was running windowmaker as my window manager, I could tell the window manager to do what I wanted.  Fix the name and force the minimize button to be there. Not with metacity (the current window manager in Gnome).

The Icon for the build window at the bottom of the screen says "_bbgrabbar_form".  What's that and why do I care?  I should say "build".

And why can't I have the minimize and maximize button?  At least shade/unshade work to get it out of the way.  Maybe make this a setting in the Toolbar Customization dialog or something so those that really don't want it (I can't imagine why) can continue to not have it and those that do can have their minimize button.

Robert

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 526
Re: Build window could be better
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 06:52:05 PM »
Interesting.  On windows, tool windows never show up in the task bar.  On unix, you get that wierd name.  I will log this as a bug.  Seems to me, this should work on both platforms and use the tool window caption as the name.  I will also note the minimize feature.

rwuest

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: Build window could be better
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 07:13:45 PM »
I like it in the task bar.  When one has 15 windows open, that's a quick way to find it (and if it's iconified, the normal way to display it).  What would be even nicer is if the build window could automatically come to the top when a build is initiated (but not stay on top).

Robert