Author Topic: Slickedit and cmake ?  (Read 19650 times)

jmfrouin

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 2
Slickedit and cmake ?
« on: March 03, 2008, 01:48:17 PM »
Hi,
I try (without success for the moment) to setup SE with cmake.
Anyone find a solution ?
Thanks for your help
Best regards

natros

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Re: Slickedit and cmake ?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 06:50:32 PM »
I have made a generator for SlickEdit when v10 was out and I have been using on linux. I don't know if it works with other systems.
If you want the patch for current cvs version just ask.

jmfrouin

• Hero Points: 2
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 07:46:54 PM »
Yes thanks with pleasure :)
jmfrouin@gmail.com

timdave

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 05:19:09 PM »
I have made a generator for SlickEdit when v10 was out and I have been using on linux. I don't know if it works with other systems.
If you want the patch for current cvs version just ask.

Any chance I can get your cmake generator?

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 130
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 08:10:28 PM »
@timdave:  We have a custom generator for Cmake that will generate SlickEdit workspace/projects.  I can give you a link to a build if you let me know what platform/OS you are looking for.

madmuggle

• Community Member
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 09:04:22 PM »
Lee, I would love this for Linux.  I am using Arch 64-bit if that matters, but I'll take anything linux compatible even 32 bit.

I was using CLion lately instead of SlickEdit because of the cmake stuff and I would love to get back into slickedit.  I just purchased 2016 (had let my license fall since 2014) and would love to use just SE instead of a combination of clion/se.

timdave

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 09:07:39 PM »
Awesome!  I primarily use use Fedora x64, I do use Debian x64 on occasion too.

timdave

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 12:50:29 PM »
@timdave:  We have a custom generator for Cmake that will generate SlickEdit workspace/projects.  I can give you a link to a build if you let me know what platform/OS you are looking for.

Awesome!  I primarily use use Fedora x64, I do use Debian x64 on occasion too.

madmuggle

• Community Member
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 08:40:20 PM »
@timdave Currently I am just lazy with my slickedit/cmake support.  Just wanted to share this in case it helps you.  Basically I set my "Build", "Rebuild" commands to something like this:

Build: make -j12 -f "%rp/build/Makefile"
Rebuild: make -j12 -f "%rp/build/Makefile" clean && make -j12 -f "%rp/build/Makefile"

Then in my main project directory I create the build dir and run the cmake, so:

$ cd /my/project/root
$ mkdir build
$ cd build
$ cmake ..

Now I can make/remake but I won't have control over the cmake part inside the IDE.  So if I need to change a variable or something I would have to use the command line, so for instance if I want to run release mode or something:

$ cd build
$ rm -rf *
$ cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ..

Now I can build again inside slickedit.

It's hacky and I prefer a better method, but it works for me for now.  Just wanted to share in case you can get some use from that as well. :)

slick.999

• New Community Member
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2017, 06:30:49 PM »
I am also interested in the customer generator for cmake you've mentioned.
Would you PM me the link?

I am more interested in being able to generate the .vpw and .vpj files so that I can open the workspace and project generated by cmake for editing purposes. It would also be great that I can build from within slickedit.

My platform is debian/Jessie.

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 06:35:14 PM by slick.999 »

pvonkaenel

• Hero Points: 6
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2017, 02:16:22 PM »
Very Cool!  I would also like the generator.  I'm working under CentOS 7.2.

Is this a modification to CMake, or a CMake parser within SE?  Any chance this can be made publicly available?

Thanks,
Peter

TKasparek

• Hero Points: 29
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2017, 02:31:30 PM »
I am interested in this as well.

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 130
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2017, 03:26:51 PM »
We have done some development on building a custom generator for CMake.  It is currently based on CMake 3.2.2.  If anyone is interested I can provide a download link to a build, just let me know which platform (Linux/Win/Mac, 32/64-bit).  Can also provide the source if needed.

The customized generator builds SlickEdit workspaces and projects for tagging and navigation, and use makefiles for builds.  There is a plan to eventually support more recent versions of CMake, when time allows or demand requires it.  Also in future development, we would like to have it fully intergrated with our build system.  But this is the first go-around with it.

pvonkaenel

• Hero Points: 6
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2017, 03:46:13 PM »
Hi Lee,

That's sounding pretty good.  Do you have a timeline for making the change available in more recent versions of CMake?  We're using CMake 3.7.1 due to features we depend on and cannot revert.

Thanks,
Peter

jschmier

• New Community Member
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2017, 11:54:48 PM »
We have done some development on building a custom generator for CMake.  It is currently based on CMake 3.2.2.  If anyone is interested I can provide a download link to a build, just let me know which platform (Linux/Win/Mac, 32/64-bit).  Can also provide the source if needed.

Hi Lee.  I am interested in the custom generator for CMake and would like to request a download link for a Windows 64-bit platform as well as the source.