Author Topic: Key bindings lost when updating SlickEdit Core  (Read 7622 times)

hoganddog

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Key bindings lost when updating SlickEdit Core
« on: July 15, 2008, 12:52:42 PM »
OK, so I upgrade from version 3.3 to 3.3.1 ... lo and behold, all my modified key bindings are lost.  How can I recover them without having to reenter all of them?  Is this normal that all custom bindings get lost/destroyed on updates?

Thanks,
Norm

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 77
Re: Key bindings lost when updating SlickEdit Core
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 02:06:24 PM »
No...that's not normal.  Is that the only thing you lost? 

You need to switch back to your 3.3.0 config, and use the key bindings dialog to export your key bindings.  You can then import import your key bindings into your 3.3.1 config and you should be good to go.

• Close Eclipse
  • Launch Eclipse by passing it the vsconfig flag to specify your 3.3.0 config directory like this (if you used the default config location): eclipse.exe -vsconfig="C:\Documents and Settings\USER\My Documents\My SlickEdit Core Config\3.3.0\", where USER is your username
  • Go to Window > Preferences > SlickEdit > General > Key Bindings and use the Export functionality to write your key bindings out to xml
  • Close Eclipse, and start it normally (without passing vsconfig) so that it will use your 3.3.1 config
  • Go back to the Key Bindings dialog and use the Import functionality to read in your xml file, and you should be set

Let me know how it goes.

- Ryan