Author Topic: Slickedit license  (Read 7519 times)

ryanzec

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Slickedit license
« on: March 19, 2008, 01:06:27 PM »
I am interested in buy slickedit if i am able to solve a few issues with using it with php but i have a question about the license.  I want the editor i choose to be able to work with PHP and C++ on both windows and linux and slickedit seems like a good choice, i just don't like using 3-4 different editors depending on which computer i am on, the more i use a single editor, the better i become with it.  The license seem good as 1 license will allow me to install on my personal computer and my work computer since i am the only one to use it at work however i am not sure about 1 thing.  it seems that the license is only for 1 OS and at work i use windows but my personal computer is Linux(Ubuntu).  is it possible to buy 1 license and install it on different OS of computers that i own?

Phil Barila

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 61
Re: Slickedit license
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 05:24:31 PM »
That would be nice, wouldn't it?  Buy one reasonably priced license, use SlickEdit wherever you happen to be working?I don't know if the Windows/Linux Bundle is too steep to be "reasonably priced", but that's probably the license you're looking for.

ryanzec

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 06:14:32 PM »
yea, i see the price for the bundle price and i mean 279 was at the high end i would pay for something like this.  I mean eclipse does everything i would need, it is just a little buggy but i can deal with that better than 449.

greggman

• Hero Points: 14
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 04:58:48 AM »
How much do you value your time?  Assuming you make $50 a hour ($100k a year) then $449 is worth 9 hours of your time. If you think slickedit is worth it buy it. As a programmer, my editor is the piece of software I use most everyday. Price shouldn't be the only deciding factor.

hs2

• Hero Points: 292
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 10:03:31 AM »
And consider the time savings and productivity improvements achieved by using SE.
In the end you could make a lot of money when bying and using SE products ;) - HS2

Steve Black

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 4
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 02:42:25 PM »
Assuming you make $50 a hour ($100k a year) then $449 is worth 9 hours of your time

Boy, I wish my budget worked that way!  :'(

I too will soon by using Ubuntu at home and would love to have SE running native there.  But at $449 it will never happen.  Please add my vote for more realistic pricing for such scenarios.