Author Topic: flex/actionscript 3 support  (Read 6977 times)

SoftJunkie

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
flex/actionscript 3 support
« on: March 26, 2008, 02:17:22 am »
how well does core work with flex and actionscript development within the eclipse environment?

Lee

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 130
Re: flex/actionscript 3 support
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 02:46:46 pm »
SlickEdit Core and SlickEdit both have language support for ActionScript 3.0, supports color-coding and tagging, as well as other features, so you can setup a project with ActionScript files and get full tagging support.  Most of the AS support in SlickEdit was finished before Flex SDK was released, so it will likely lack tagging for the built-in libraries when using just the Flex SDK.  It will tag the global class path if you do have Flash installed.  Eclipse is responsible for the building your projects, but SlickEdit Core does offer advanced editing and code navigation features that are worth checking out. 

You can goto http://www.slickedit.com/content/view/410/240/ and download a trial for Core, you can certainly try it out for yourself.  Any feedback or issues are welcome.

mreaves

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 12:12:43 pm »
Mine isn't tagging action sctipt at all.

I get no code hints, code completion or anything like that.

mreaves

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 03:51:34 pm »
Anyone, any help at all?

Not having ActionScript 3 tagging, code complete member lists etc makes it unusable, it also does not work in Slick Edit 2008 stand alone.

Can someone please tell me what files I need to tag to get proper ActionScript 3 editing.

I Have Flash CS 4 installed, and Flex Builder 4 installed.