Author Topic: Tagging does not seem to work with extensionless STL files  (Read 6248 times)

JRen

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Tagging does not seem to work with extensionless STL files
« on: August 25, 2006, 06:46:08 PM »
I had this working before (perhaps 10.x) but now my STL tag file doesn't provide the symbol lookup I need for the extensionless files.  E.g. when I put the cursor over "list<xxx>" it only shows the "list.h" files it finds in some other tag file and completely ignores the tag file with my STL headers.  I've rebuilt it and re-tagged the file.  Still nothing.

Any ideas?

hs2

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 292
Re: Tagging does not seem to work with extensionless STL files
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 07:07:07 PM »
I think you have to teach Slick that these are C files. There were some changes in v11 for this...
See http://community.slickedit.com/index.php?topic=303.msg1154#msg1154 for further details...

HS2

JRen

• Community Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 08:02:08 PM »
Thanks for the pointer but this is not working.  I added "list" and "queue" and others to the C++ Extentionless files list.  They are in my C tag file.  I rebuilt/retagged - nothing.  I'll probably contact support directly if no other tips come out of the cracks.

hs2

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 292
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 10:20:59 PM »
No problem here (v11.01) ???
Just added vector to my workspace tagfile ... (see attachment)
There is no need to add the 'standard' ext.less files as extra ext. less C++ files.
Slick has a default built-in list of them.
One more thing to check: 'Project -> Project Properties -> Compile/Link Tab'
Is the Compiler the right one ?

BTW: A simple way to check if Slick recognizes these files as C- files:
Type e.g. #include <list> in a C file and move cursor into the word 'list' and 'Goto Definition' using r-mouse context menu or Ctrl-. (maybe you already know all that ...)
Slick should find it and colorizes it as C file.

HS2

JRen

• Community Member
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 11:35:46 PM »
Wow - OK it was a namespace issue.  SlickEdit wasn't finding the std:: namespace by default.  Once I put "using namespace std;" at the top of the file, it suddenly resolved the symbols.  I didn't really need it, it's a very simple test app so the compiler was happy, but SlickEdit was finding every instance of "list" symbols in my tag files except that one until I included the namespace at the top.

I also removed some redundant tag files but I think the namespace issue was it.  Different behavior than 10.x, but I'm OK with that as long as I know what to do.

Thanks for you help HS2!   :)