Author Topic: java_rte_classes  (Read 5092 times)

StephenW

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 21
java_rte_classes
« on: April 02, 2008, 09:04:08 PM »
I was just browsing around in my 13.0.0 config directory, and I ran across a whole lot of sub-directories under the java_rte_classes directory.  They seem to correspond to <drive_letter>\<project_directory> names, and they were all completely empty.  Which is understandable as I do not use Java.  They are also present in my 12.0.03 config.  It looks as though something is managing to create them unnecessarily for non-Java projects.  Would it be safe for me to just delete them all?

ScottW, VP of Dev

• Hero Points: 64
Re: java_rte_classes
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 03:44:28 PM »
Yes, it is safe to delete these. I've got one of the team members looking into this. I would hope we can avoid creating these for non-Java projects. Also, they should not get created if Java Live Errors is switched off. I'm not how that got turned on for you, but you can shut it off by opening a Java project (create one if necessary), then select Build > Java Options from the main menu. Select the "Live Errors" tab and uncheck "Enable Live Errors". Let us know if you still see these directories being created. Thanks!

StephenW

• Hero Points: 21
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 08:28:06 PM »
Yes, Live Errors was on.  I have no idea why, as I am pretty sure that I have never used any Java with SlickEdit on this PC.

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 77
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 05:59:05 PM »
For Live Errors to get turned on you would have had to have opened a Java project at some point, me thinks.

This will be fixed in 13.0.1.

- Ryan