Author Topic: title_change doesn't work  (Read 6126 times)

Wanderer

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 23
title_change doesn't work
« on: April 08, 2008, 07:02:50 PM »
SlickEdit 13.0.0, WinXP, Vim emulation

I raised this issue in the beta forum, but there was no resolution.

I have a set of macros in title_change.e (not sure where it came from, thanks to whoever wrote it...) that used to work in SlickEdit 12 and previous.

In SlickEdit 2008 I can put a messageNwait() in the routine that cooks up the new title.  This verifies that the routine is being called, and the title is what I expect.

When the messageNwait() is called, the new title is what I expect; on hitting a key to clear the messageNwait(), the application titlebar changes to my new title.   

... Until I press another key, or click a mouse button -- the title reverts to what some other proc sets it to.

Is there a way in SlickEdit 2008 to have the control over the titlebar that we had in previous versions?

Thanks.

pvonkaenel

• Hero Points: 6
Re: title_change doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 12:17:18 PM »
I'm not sure if this is the same thing or not, but I think I had a similar problem migrating from SE 11 to 12.  I use to override the SE titlebar to include the workspace, active project, and build configuration.  The code for that stopped functioning in SE 12.  I think it was hs2 that pointed out there is a new macro to set the titlebar with various default settings:

setappcapflag 0   - this is the default
setappcapflag 1   - includes the workspace
setappcapflag 2   - same as 0
setappcapflag 3   - includes the workspace and project

I use setappcapflag 1 so include the workspace, but I also use a custom toolbar that includes the project and configuration in drop-down controls.  These toolbar controls are available in the "Projects" category.

I hope this helps,

Peter

Wanderer

• Hero Points: 23
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 12:42:05 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

setappcapflag 0   - this is the default
setappcapflag 1   - includes the workspace
setappcapflag 2   - same as 0
setappcapflag 3   - includes the workspace and project
I can't find 'setappcapflag' anywhere.  Macro->Go to Slick-C Definition doesn't show it, searching in the Macros directory doesn't find it...

...but I also use a custom toolbar that includes the project and configuration in drop-down controls.  These toolbar controls are available in the "Projects" category.

I wasn't aware of those toolbar controls; that's very handy.

hs2

• Hero Points: 292
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 02:25:10 PM »
You could try this in a macro:
Code: [Select]
   _default_option(VSOPTION_APPLICATION_CAPTION_FLAGS,3);HS2

pvonkaenel

• Hero Points: 6
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 08:52:39 PM »
Sorry about that; I had the same problem initially, and forgot that I was instructed to create a macro like the following:

Code: [Select]
_command void setappcapflag ( int flag=3 )
{
   _default_option(VSOPTION_APPLICATION_CAPTION_FLAGS,flag);
   _config_modify_flags(CFGMODIFY_OPTION);
}

Peter