SlickEdit Product Discussion > Did you know?

View Indentation Levels

(1/2) > >>

Lisa:
To view the indentation levels in your code, use the Current Line Highlight feature. From the main menu, select Tools > Options, expand Appearance > General, then set the value of the Current line highlight option to Syntax indent ruler. This will draw a box around the current line with hashmarks showing each indentation level.

jimdibb:
This is not valid any more (in Ver 15)

pvonkaenel:
I just tried it in 15.0.1.3 and it seems to work.  However, I find it makes the current line more difficult to read.

Peter

Wanderer:

--- Quote from: pvonkaenel on November 08, 2010, 01:50:41 PM ---I just tried it in 15.0.1.3 and it seems to work.  However, I find it makes the current line more difficult to read.

--- End quote ---
Using 15.0.1.3, I don't see any difference between "Draw box only" and "Syntax indent ruler".

pvonkaenel:

--- Quote from: Wanderer on November 08, 2010, 03:06:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: pvonkaenel on November 08, 2010, 01:50:41 PM ---I just tried it in 15.0.1.3 and it seems to work.  However, I find it makes the current line more difficult to read.

--- End quote ---
Using 15.0.1.3, I don't see any difference between "Draw box only" and "Syntax indent ruler".

--- End quote ---

That's strange.  For me "Draw box only", draws a box around the line, and "Syntax indent ruler", draws the box, and little downward hashes marking where the indent points are (see attached).  Maybe syntax indent needs to be enabled for it to work.  Did you try it on a regular text file, or on code for a language with syntax indent enabled?  Maybe what you want is "Tabs ruler" for the more general case.

Peter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version