Author Topic: Very annoying glitch.. or I don't k now  (Read 6963 times)

afflictedd2

Very annoying glitch.. or I don't k now
« on: April 13, 2008, 08:10:15 PM »
Hi everyone, often I cut something I'm goint to move to another place Ctrl + X and then I erase the line... Ctrl + Backspace, and then I'm going to paste it .. AND IT'S GONE >_<. I've noticed it has to do with the Ctrl + Backspace that I used to erase the line I took the code from. Anyone know how to fix this.. or is this one of em things I have to stick with =\

Thank you.

Ed

StephenW

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 21
Re: Very annoying glitch.. or I don't k now
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 10:22:32 PM »
It looks like you must be using the CUA key bindings (I use the Brief emulation myself).  In that, Ctrl-Backspace is bound to cut-line, which does not delete a line but cuts it to the clipboard, so what is happening is that you are cutting your empty line to the clipboard and overwriting what you had there.  With the standard CUA bindings, you would need to do Ctrl-L (select line) and Del (delete selection) to do what you want.  Or you could rebind Ctrl-Backspace to delete-line - go to Tools/Options/Keyboard/Key Bindings, click on "Search by command", type delete-line, click on Add, and bind to Ctrl-Backspace.

Or if you are cutting and pasting lines, just do Ctrl-Backspace (without the Ctrl-X first) to cut the whole line and then paste it where you want it.

Or use the clipboard list (I think that is Ctrl-Shift-V in CUA) and select the previous clipboard that you want to paste (it should be number 2).

In the help file, type "emulations" in the index search tab, then click on "tables of keys" to see the CUA key bindings list to find out what the default assignments are.