Author Topic: Titles are now centered in the title bar. Can this be changed?  (Read 5146 times)

ElwoodPDowd

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
I've upgraded to 11.0.1 on Linux (FC5 x86_64).
I have two monitors (dual head) and tear off various toolbars (e.g. Defs, Symbol, Search, References) and tile them on the display on the right.  (This allows the editor to consume the entire left screen.)
Tiling used to be OK when the window titles (e.g. "Defs", "Symbol", etc.) were left-aligned -- because no matter what window was in front, I had them arranged so that the top/left corners never overlapped.
Now (was it the upgrade?) these windows have the title centered, so it's not possible to arrange them in a tiled manner and still see all the titles regardless of which windows are on top of which.
Is there some way to make the titles left-aligned again?

Kohei

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 25
Re: Titles are now centered in the title bar. Can this be changed?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 03:42:13 PM »
Have you switched your desktop theme recently?

SlickEdit uses Window manager's title border for a detached toolbar, and the title alignment is determined by the current theme (this is true with both KDE and Gnome).  So, my suggestion is to experiment with your theme setting to see if you can find a theme with left-aligned title text.

ElwoodPDowd

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: Titles are now centered in the title bar. Can this be changed?
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 05:15:33 PM »
You're suggestion was right on target.
I had installed FC5 (had been Redhat).
I picked a new (gnome) theme (System->Preferences->Theme) with the title left-aligned and all is good.
Thanks!