Author Topic: mac os x and brief mode  (Read 7676 times)

dgs

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
mac os x and brief mode
« on: April 24, 2008, 11:32:35 PM »
The alt key is not mapped the same way in os x and in windows.  Is there a way to get around that?

hs2

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 292
Re: mac os x and brief mode
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 11:41:52 PM »
As Nathan proposed here you could use the 'command' key instead of ALT. Unfortunately you need to rebind all commands.
Probably you should use the 'list-keydefs' command, edit the resulting Slick-C module (containing all bindings as source) directly and re-load it.
HS2

dgs

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 12:05:39 AM »
That sounds like a good idea, I just haven't figured out what key the apple key is.  When I go to help->What is key-> and then click the apple key, it does not give me anything.

hs2

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 12:54:38 AM »
Try the keybindings dialog and enter e.g. 'macos-show-colors' as command. The assoc. key binding (even on my Windows machine) is Shift-Command-C which in turn is listed as 'S-M-C' in keydefs.e (generated by list-keydefs).
So the 'command' key is 'M' in the event tables. A search'n replace of all 'A' -> 'M' and a re-load of keydefs.e should do the rebind job quite fast.
Good luck,
HS2

hs2

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 06:29:40 AM »
I've forgotten to mention that you should unload (Macro>Unload Module: keydefs.ex) this module when done. Otherwise it's registered as an add.  'user macro module' which is not appropriate in this case.
To be clear: This is just a workaround to quickly change a number of keybindings.
HS2