Author Topic: Command-line autocompletion window extends in the wrong direction  (Read 2172 times)

Ben

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
hello
I've a small but annoying problem: when I begin to type in the command-line the autocompletion window extends in the wrong direction. It extends down not up. but since the lower border of the SE Window is already at the bottom of my screen border, I can't see the suggestions from the autocomplete window.

hmm.. do you understand what I'm trying to say :-). For those who have the book: page 10, figure 1-3 and figure 1-4. This is what I want.

thanks for your help
ben

Ben

• Community Member
Re: Command-line autocompletion window extends in the wrong direction
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 06:46:15 pm »
just fyi:

SE Version 12.0.3.0
OS X 10.5.2

Nathan

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 3
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 02:15:18 pm »
Hey Ben,

I once ran into a problem like this, but there was a pretty odd cause. I'd forgotten that I was starting SE with the -summ switch (in this case, from my vslick.ini file), and explicitly setting the dimensions I thought my screen should be to incorrect values. I was suggesting the screen height was a value greater than my actual screen height, so the autocomplete window extended off my screen.

Any chance you have something like that going on?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 02:21:08 pm by Nathan »

Ben

• Community Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 07:36:07 pm »
hi nathan,

thanks for your suggestion, I checked my vslick.ini - no "-summ" switch here.

the good news is that the autocompletion window expand in the correct direction again. I still don't no why though...

regards Ben