Author Topic: How much would SlickEdit cost for two plateforms  (Read 6436 times)

ulric

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
How much would SlickEdit cost for two plateforms
« on: August 30, 2006, 03:57:11 PM »
Hi.
I am a die hard Visual C++ user, from version 1.0 though the dreadful VS2005.   I frequently to do some porting on Linux, and soon I will have projects OS X.

Except for the online help, many of use at work hate Apple XCode, and each version since Project Builder to get less friendly toward us Visual C++ users.  We'd love to have an editor that pretty much gives us the VC++ 6 (imho, the best IDE) experience on the Mac, and linux. 

I'd like to give SlickEdit a shot.  How much would it cost me to have a licence I can use at work on Windows, and at home on OS X? 

If I decide to move to SlickEdit, I would prefer having it on at least two plateforms, and get use to it on my primary plateform, Windows.  I probably won't be able to convince the company to pay for it in the near future.

Also, I haven't found screenshots of the unix version of SlickEdit on the web site, how good is it?  (I realize that it's an X Windows app on the Mac.)

btw, I imagine there must be a huge market for VC++ developers on the Mac.  Apple seems to get their top feedback from people who do the bulk of their editing in BBedit and Emacs.  They're a fine group of folks, but there is a large bulk of us too :D.

natros

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1

ulric

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: How much would SlickEdit cost for two plateforms
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 08:05:36 PM »
I'm not sure if there are any Community Members here that can answer a question such as this for you, but if you were to write an email to sales@slickedit.com or call 1-800-934-3348, I am sure that they can answer all your questions.

really.. so, no one in the SlickEdit community bought SlickEdit for two plateforms and could comment on it.. that's what I was expecting, other user's experience and how much it's cost them. 
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 08:35:13 PM by ulric »

ScottW, VP of Dev

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 64
Re: How much would SlickEdit cost for two plateforms
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 09:03:42 PM »
We don't specifically have a dual platform bundle for Windows and Mac, but we do offer a discount on the second license. Call SlickEdit at 1 919.473.0070 or 1.800.934.EDIT and ask for sales. Tell them Scott W sent you and they'll give you the best deal in the house.  ;)

--Scott W