Author Topic: View Indentation Levels  (Read 30221 times)

Lisa

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 24
  • User-friendly geek-speak translator extraordinaire
View Indentation Levels
« on: April 10, 2008, 02:44:21 PM »
To view the indentation levels in your code, use the Current Line Highlight feature. From the main menu, select Tools > Options, expand Appearance > General, then set the value of the Current line highlight option to Syntax indent ruler. This will draw a box around the current line with hashmarks showing each indentation level.

jimdibb

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: View Indentation Levels
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 06:21:24 PM »
This is not valid any more (in Ver 15)

pvonkaenel

• Hero Points: 6
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 01:50:41 PM »
I just tried it in 15.0.1.3 and it seems to work.  However, I find it makes the current line more difficult to read.

Peter

Wanderer

• Hero Points: 23
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 03:06:29 PM »
I just tried it in 15.0.1.3 and it seems to work.  However, I find it makes the current line more difficult to read.
Using 15.0.1.3, I don't see any difference between "Draw box only" and "Syntax indent ruler".

pvonkaenel

• Hero Points: 6
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 04:26:27 PM »
Using 15.0.1.3, I don't see any difference between "Draw box only" and "Syntax indent ruler".

That's strange.  For me "Draw box only", draws a box around the line, and "Syntax indent ruler", draws the box, and little downward hashes marking where the indent points are (see attached).  Maybe syntax indent needs to be enabled for it to work.  Did you try it on a regular text file, or on code for a language with syntax indent enabled?  Maybe what you want is "Tabs ruler" for the more general case.

Peter

chrisant

• Hero Points: 131
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 08:27:16 PM »
Syntax Indent Ruler only works for monospace fonts, otherwise it falls back to Draw Box Only.
There are other topics in the forum on this issue, some searching can probably find them.
Some monospace fonts are not attributed correctly, and I vaguely recall there may have been a related issue with either Unicode fonts or Unicode encoding in file buffers.

pdebonte

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 06:04:17 PM »
Peter

Might lighter Current line box and column colors make it less distracting?  For example, I've set the current line:
  • box color to white [i.e. white on white, since I'm not interested in the box, only the column markers],
  • column color changed to 192 (light) gray [default=128 (medium) gray].
Share & Enjoy,
-Pete