Author Topic: Kudos to the Slick Team  (Read 3763 times)

jimlangrunner

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 31
  • Jim Lang - always a student.
Kudos to the Slick Team
« on: May 19, 2010, 06:59:42 PM »
I just wanted to throw out a quick "thank you" to the Slick Team.  Slick isn't perfect, and it never will be. But it's the best I've found (and I've looked!) for the wide range of tasks I need to perform.

I've remarked in the past about the poor VB6 support (mostly tagging and finding function definitions). I can't make that complaint any more. Much improved.  Symbol coloring and such is fast (not immediate, but not slow, either). My functions and procedures are in the list.  Code completion is (almost) perfect. It's just pretty darned cool.

So thanks.
Jim

ScottW, VP of Dev

• Hero Points: 64
Re: Kudos to the Slick Team
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 09:20:58 PM »
Thank you so much! As engineers, we all tend to focus on the shortcomings and not talk too much about what works well. It's great to get this kind of feedback.

magpie

• Hero Points: 5
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 08:58:18 AM »
I was gonna say something too and then I saw this thread. I've banged on about Mac support before, and its really great to have the recent improvements in MacOS integration. I'm starting to enjoy SlickEdit again after moving from Windows SE. In particular I'm really enjoying the "Smart Open".

Im still hoping for a fully native version one day too.

Cheers

lclevesy

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 04:35:21 PM »
Thank you for your interest in SlickEdit offering a native Mac version. We are excited to announce that native Mac support will be offered in 2012. View the announcement here: http://community.slickedit.com/index.php?topic=7110.0.