Author Topic: Can't Disable Auto-Complete / Auto-List  (Read 7921 times)

jim

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Can't Disable Auto-Complete / Auto-List
« on: May 12, 2008, 05:23:35 PM »
Hi folks,

I evaluating SE2008, and can't seem to completely kill auto-complete.  I have unchecked the following boxes:

* Enable auto-completion
   * Auto-list members
   * Auto-display parameter information

And yet, when I type "request." an autocomplete dropdown appears after I hit "."  Then I type "get_" (to reference one of my functions), and as soon as I type "_" autocomplete fills in "GetBaseTagData_", which is not what I want.

Have I missed a setting?

Thanks!

Jim

ScottW, VP of Dev

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 64
Re: Can't Disable Auto-Complete / Auto-List
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 06:26:19 PM »
In case you missed it, those options are language specific. So you need to be sure you've selected the correct language. What language are you using? Can you send us a small test program that we can use to replicate this issue?

I was able to shut those off for Java and it altered the behaviors as expected.

jim

• Community Member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 06:46:25 PM »
Hi Scott,

I was editing a ColdFusion file, and had updated the settings under "CFML".  I'm wondering now if this was addressed in a hotfix, as I just installed the hotfixes, and auto-complete now seems to be fully disabled.  While I'm all set, if you want, I can still send you the file I was working on at the time.

Thanks!

Jim

icambron

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 07:46:05 PM »
You might need to turn off the "Auto-list members" option under Context Tagging. I had to do that in XML to completely get rid of autocomplete.

ScottW, VP of Dev

• Hero Points: 64
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 03:31:44 PM »
As long as things are working as advertised, I'll consider this one fixed. I'm glad that helped. Sorry for any confusion on this.

Dennis

• Hero Points: 517
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 02:25:08 PM »
If you were editing CFML with embedded CFScript, you need to find your way to the setting for the CFScript language, not CFML.

jim

• Community Member
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 02:33:26 PM »
Thanks Dennis, good thought, but I wasn't in CFSCRIPT at the time (either embedded in the CFML, or in a separate file).

Dennis

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 02:51:09 PM »
I should have seen the "request.", this must be Java (JSP) embedded in CFML then?  In the same respect, the setting you need will be under the embedded language, in this case, Java.  If your cursor is in the embedded code, and you go to Document > <lang> Options..., it will take you directly to the options for the embedded language.

jim

• Community Member
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 03:01:28 PM »
No, it wasn't embedded Java, although I suspect you're on the right track with SE incorrectly applying embedded language preferences.  CF has a native "request" scope, so I was just trying to reference one of the variables in that scope.

Dennis

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 03:07:19 PM »
I wouldn't say incorrectly, it just may seem incorrect because the control is that fine grained (you can turn off auto-list members in CFML but keep it enabled for embedded code), and vice-versa.