Author Topic: Current Line Color Coding  (Read 5381 times)

mcconne

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 2
Current Line Color Coding
« on: August 30, 2006, 04:00:12 PM »
Hi, I have always used the Color Settings (Tools -> Options -> Color...) to set the Current Line to a specific color (i.e., Green) so that I can tell which line I'm on. But now I'd like to start using the "Draw box around current line" (Tools-> Options -> General) option. However, now I can't seem to get the Java color coding to work on the current line. I've used the Color Settings to set the "Current Line" to be the same as the "Window Text" which helps, but I still would prefer to see the Java color codings. Any suggestions ?? Thanks

Ding Zhaojie

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 37
Re: Current Line Color Coding
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 06:47:33 AM »
Yes, it's a problem. So I have to use "Draw box around current line" instand of coloring current line:(

Dennis

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 517
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 02:07:09 PM »
If you are switching to "Draw Box around current line", which I HIGHLY recommend, you will need to turn off "Current Line" coloring for Java.  To do so, go to Tools > Options > File Extension Setup...   Select "java" and switch to the Advanced tab.  Under "Color Coding", uncheck "Current Line".  You may also need to do this for other languages you had enabled Current Line coloring for.

Unfortunately, the "Current line" color coding is heavy handed.  Ideally, it would only effect the background color.  We are looking into improving it in a future release of SlickEdit.

mcconne

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 2
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 05:28:29 PM »
Hi Dennis, that worked !!!! Thanks very much