Author Topic: Hotfix update error?  (Read 2659 times)

kylog42

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Hotfix update error?
« on: May 23, 2008, 04:01:26 pm »
I am running SE 13.0.0.0 on a 64-bit linux installation.  Since I have regular segfaults (topic for another day ;< ), I decided to install the latest hotfix (dated 5/20/08, revision 25).  I had previously applied revision 17.

I ended up with (apparently) the contents of one of the hotfixes appearing in the buffer/tab for the file I was currently editing.  And the following output back at the prompt from which I launched 'vs':

/home/kylo/.slickedit/13.0.0/hotfixes/commentformat.e 671 28:Return type incompatible with function declaration

Is this safe? Is this normal? Should I reapply?  Any advice appreciated.

Kylo

David_O

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 8
Re: Hotfix update error?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 06:09:20 pm »
I would go to the command line and type the command unload_hotfix and selection the cumulation hotfix.  You can leave the required hotfix.  Then reinstall the new hotfix file.

kylog42

• Community Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 06:51:28 pm »
I would go to the command line and type the command unload_hotfix and selection the cumulation hotfix.  You can leave the required hotfix.  Then reinstall the new hotfix file.
Thanks for the tip.  I did that: unload hot-fix, picked the cumulative, then did load-hotfix, picked the new .zip.  Same results as before.

Russ

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 3
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 03:38:35 pm »
I had a similar problem but then noticed that there was a new version of the required zip
and it was fine after installing that

kylog42

• Community Member
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 07:23:31 pm »
I had a similar problem but then noticed that there was a new version of the required zip
and it was fine after installing that

Ding! That was it!  Thanks.  Maybe they need a required_cumulative ... ;>