Author Topic: Way to open file dialogs in 'Detail' view?  (Read 6377 times)

hbruun

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Way to open file dialogs in 'Detail' view?
« on: June 10, 2008, 03:07:13 am »
Is there any way to open the file open/save dialogs in 'Detail' view versus the default 'List' view?  How?  And if that is possible is it possible to lock it down to 'Detail' view so that it doesn't keep switching to 'List' when going to other directories?

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 323
Re: Way to open file dialogs in 'Detail' view?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 12:41:53 pm »
Is there any way to open the file open/save dialogs in 'Detail' view versus the default 'List' view?  How?  And if that is possible is it possible to lock it down to 'Detail' view so that it doesn't keep switching to 'List' when going to other directories?

This is a common question people ask about the Windows open and save dialogs.  I think there are third party tools that can do this with some apps but I don't know if they work with slickedit.  You could try asking in a Microsoft forum.

Graeme

Dan112123

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 2
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 09:37:55 pm »

Not sure about XP but on my Vista box it sticks after I switch it to Details View.

You might also try the following on XP:
1. Right Click on a start menu
2. Click on Explore
3. After explorer opens, click on View->Details (to switch to Details View)
4. Click on Tools->Folder Options->Go to View tab
5. Click on Apply To Folders (which applies your current view to all folders)

Now go back to your Save As dialog and see if it stays in Details View. If it does please reply here :)

chrisant

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 131
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 10:12:41 pm »
By default Windows remembers each folder's view settings.
You can examine/change the setting here:

1.  Launch Explorer.exe (not IExplore.exe).
2.  Tools|Folder Options... (on Vista press Alt to make the menu show up, then choose Tools|Folder Options...).
3.  Go to the View tab.
4.  In the Advanced Settings list, scroll down to "Remember each folder's view settings".
5.  Toggle the check box to your liking.
6.  OK.