Author Topic: Ganymede  (Read 11203 times)

PlanetPratt

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 6
Ganymede
« on: June 19, 2008, 09:03:23 PM »
It looks like the Eclipse Foundation is releasing Ganymede on June 28th, which is quickly approaching.  Will the current SlickEdit Core support the new release?
  (*Chris*)

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 77
Re: Ganymede
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 09:09:19 PM »
The current SlickEdit Core?  No...not officially.  But our 3.4.0 major release, Ganymede compatible, is scheduled for not too long after the official Ganymede release.

- Ryan

PlanetPratt

• Hero Points: 6
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 12:15:32 AM »
Anything new and notable in the next release? :o  Like maybe the ability to dock the command line into eclipse???
  (*Chris*)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 12:19:46 AM by PlanetPratt »

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 02:38:12 AM »
Well, it'll be based on the 13.0.1 libraries...so you can look for some (most) of those features to be ported over.  And there will be more bug fixes and enhancements working towards better integration with the Eclipse environment and the new p2 provisioning stuff.  We will be launching a beta at some point in the near future, so that will give you a taste.

I do still have the dockable command line tool window as a feature in our tracker, and it was targeted for version 3.4, but I can tell you that I'm pretty sure it's not making it in this release.  It just keeps getting bumped for more essential things.  Sorry :(.  We will see what we can do, though...second request noted :).

- Ryan

yop

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 04:29:30 PM »
I 've been using it since day one with my brand new SlickEdit Core license :-) and it works flawlesly.

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 05:40:51 PM »
Yea...I've looked at the incompatibility points between 3.3 and 3.4, and I would expect that Core 3.3.1 will work pretty well within Ganymede. But, since it wasn't built on that version, we don't officially support it.  Glad to hear it isn't giving you problems, though :).

- Ryan

rbbyrbsn

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 07:45:37 PM »
I use Pluse for my Eclipse install, I was hoping to find 3.4 in the Ganymede section, since 3.3 is in Europa