Author Topic: Slick-C stack in 13.0.1  (Read 6682 times)

evanratt

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 23
Slick-C stack in 13.0.1
« on: June 23, 2008, 11:51:21 pm »
So, I'm still getting my options and file types set up from when I upgraded to 13.0.1 (REALLY not happy about that), and now I'm getting a Slick-C Stack when I click on File Extension Manager in the options dialog (in attached txt file).

-Evan

evanratt

Re: Slick-C stack in 13.0.1
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 12:03:00 am »
And another one...

I got my language set up (an internal scripting language we use), with my begin/end pairs as follows (sans quotes):
"(table),(tabular)|(end);|"

Now when I open a file in this format, I get the following stack trace:
Code: [Select]
Invalid argument
pmatch.ex 946 _find_matching_paren(80000,1)   p_window_id: 26   p_object: OI_EDITOR   p_name:
pmatch.ex 3079 _UpdateShowMatchingParen(0)   p_window_id: 5   p_object: OI_FORM   p_name:
autosave.ex 436 _as_callback()   p_window_id: 26   p_object: OI_EDITOR   p_name:

Needless to say, I am not thrilled with this release.

Sandra

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 35
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 08:17:10 pm »
With regards to the stack, try the latest hotfix, updated today (http://www.slickedit.com/content/view/512).  I'm not sure why this happened, as I'm pretty sure nothing about this code should have changed since 13.0.0. 

Let me know if this doesn't work for you.

hs2

• Hero Points: 280
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 08:22:14 pm »
The zip is still r2 and doesn't contain setupext.e - HS2

evanratt

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 08:27:37 pm »
Hi Sandra,
Sorry I was snarky yesterday - was having enough issues that my frustration level built up :(  In any case, now that I've got my old configuration converted up to 13.0.1 successfully, I'm no longer having the problem in pmatch.ex. The setupext.e stack is still happening, however. And, as hs2 noted, the file on the hotfix page doesn't seem to be updated from r2. Thanks for looking into this!

-Evan

Sandra

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 08:45:13 pm »
Believe it or not, I get frustrated with SlickEdit, too.  Unfortunately, it's usually my own code.   :P

If you try the hotfix again, it should be updated.  Sorry about the delay.

evanratt

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 08:56:16 pm »
Good news: The hotfix does, indeed, appear to be updated.  :)
Bad news: I'm still getting the stack when I go to the File Extension Manager.  :(

Is this affecting anyone else? Or is something (else) about my installation wonky...?

-Evan

Sandra

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 09:39:47 pm »
Well, that's a bummer.

Is this the same stack you were getting before?  Before, it was choking on loading up the Encoding combo box.  The hotfix had some more error-handling, but apparently it wasn't in the right place. 

A couple of other forms use the same functions to load up combo boxes.  If you open up File > New, do you get a stack?  What about File > Open?  If you don't get stacks, do the combo boxes labeled "Encoding" appear to be filled on those forms?

Thanks for your help in nailing down this issue.

evanratt

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 11:24:20 pm »
I think it's the same stack as before (the line numbers look different, but that's not surprising considering setupex.e changed). I'm including the current stack dump just in case. As for the other options, File > Open works but the Encoding combo box is empty, but File > New does give a stack, which I'm including below.

Code: [Select]
Variable element or variable not initialized
setupext.ex 1857 _EncodingFillComboList(,Automatic,16)   p_window_id: 61   p_object: OI_COMMAND_BUTTON   p_name: ctlok
wkspace.ex 34925 wkspace:initialize_file_tab()   p_window_id: 61   p_object: OI_COMMAND_BUTTON   p_name: ctlok
wkspace.ex 34078 _workspace_new_form.ctlok.\x{2724}(F,<empty>)   p_window_id: 61   p_object: OI_COMMAND_BUTTON   p_name: ctlok
dlgeditv.ex 6693 show(-modal _workspace_new_form,F)   p_window_id: 47   p_object: OI_EDITOR   p_name:
guiopen.ex 1714 new()   p_window_id: 47   p_object: OI_EDITOR   p_name:

-Evan

Sandra

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 02:37:05 pm »
I think your installation might be messed up.

In your installation directory, there should be a subdirectory named unicode.  Inside that should be two files, codepagemaps.map and encodings.map.  If that directory or those files are missing (or otherwise warped), you would see the errors you are getting.  The file sizes for these files should be as follows:

codepagemaps.map - 609 KB
encodings.map - 277 KB

If this is your problem, then you might want to try reinstalling.  You might have other issues that will cause enigmatic problems later.

evanratt

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 03:34:00 pm »
Thanks Sandra, that looks like it's the problem. My unicode directory only has encodings.map, and it's 276KB. I'll see if a reinstallation helps.

evanratt

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008, 03:39:39 pm »
Yep, I repaired my installation and it works just fine now. Thanks for the help, and sorry to be a nudge  ;)

-Evan