Author Topic: Additional duplicate file windows being opened when restarting SlickEdit  (Read 4065 times)

andrewm568

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
I've noticed that 99% of the time, when I restart SlickEdit, it creates a duplicate Window for one of the files I had open when I shutdown SlickEdit. This means that over time, as I stop and restart SE the workspace gets more and more polluted with multiple copies of my windows. I cannot predict the file that gets duplicated when restarting.

I saw this on my original rev (13.0.0) and on the current rev as well (13.0.1). FWIW I'm currently using a project that contains local files and remote FTP files.

Anyone any suggestions - I'm pretty new to SlickEdit

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 337
I've noticed that 99% of the time, when I restart SlickEdit, it creates a duplicate Window for one of the files I had open when I shutdown SlickEdit. This means that over time, as I stop and restart SE the workspace gets more and more polluted with multiple copies of my windows. I cannot predict the file that gets duplicated when restarting.

I saw this on my original rev (13.0.0) and on the current rev as well (13.0.1). FWIW I'm currently using a project that contains local files and remote FTP files.

Anyone any suggestions - I'm pretty new to SlickEdit

In Options -> Editing -> Editor windows, do you have one file per window or multiple files per window selected?  Do the buffer tabs and/or files toolbar show the correct list of files you have open?  Have you tried the "one window" command on the window menu?  Does the problem happen with other workspaces?

I'm surprised that stopping and starting slick progressively adds more duplicated windows.  Does this mean that in the window list you see multiple copies of more than one file?  If you use the next-window command, does it step through the list of windows as you expect?

It's probably not relevant but what O.S. do you use?

If you create a new config folder and open the same project, do you still get the problem?  To create a new config folder, create a new empty folder somewhere, then use "vc.exe -sc somefoldername" when you invoke slick.

Graeme

andrewm568

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Thanks for the reply Graeme.

It looks like I may have been a bit premature in saying I still had the problem after upgrading to v13.0.1; I upgraded to v13.0.1 just before my initial post, but since writing the post I've not seen the problem again. So hopefully the upgrade fixed it - maybe after the next reboot. Anyway, I appear to be good now.