Author Topic: Problem previewing a post  (Read 10187 times)

StephenW

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 21
Problem previewing a post
« on: February 11, 2008, 10:13:17 PM »
I was just trying to preview a post I was writing for the beta forum ("Embedded languages"), and I got this error:

Code: [Select]
Method Not Implemented

POST to /index.php not supported.

Is there something wrong with the forums at the moment, or is it something I did?  I was able to preview and post this post without any problems, and I was able to post the "Embedded languages" post OK too - it was just previewing it that did not work.

hs2

• Hero Points: 292
Re: Problem previewing a post
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 10:37:08 PM »
One way to get this: use a '%' <percent> sign in a posting.
As you said, it just kills the 'Preview' - 'Post' is still working. Quite annoying...
HS2

Edit: I've seen your posting: Square brackets are also problematic. I think b/c of BBC tags are enclosed by them.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 10:41:36 PM by hs2 »

StephenW

• Hero Points: 21
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 11:03:17 PM »
Very annoying!  Now that I know, I can try and avoid the problem characters, but it would be nice if someone could fix the forum software.  Or at least make it do a better error message.

Dan112123

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 2
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 12:23:08 AM »
I was just trying to preview a post I was writing for the beta forum ("Embedded languages"), and I got this error:

Code: [Select]
Method Not Implemented

POST to /index.php not supported.

Is there something wrong with the forums at the moment, or is it something I did?  I was able to preview and post this post without any problems, and I was able to post the "Embedded languages" post OK too - it was just previewing it that did not work.

This happens to me even when I try to post or spellchech my messages. When you add SQL commands into the body of your message it breaks.

For example Add DECLARE @varable varcharrrr(64) (remove extra rrr at the end of varcharrrr and it will crash.

This tells me that the site is not secure and is hackable in probably under 5 minutes. :)

MindprisM

• Hero Points: 8
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 07:45:02 PM »
another culprit in preview is sub_str - without the underbar