Author Topic: SlickEdit 12.0.3.0 for OS X: HTML Insert end tag on '>' not working  (Read 3177 times)

jkwuc89

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 6
I sent the following to the SlickEdit support e-mail address this morning.  I am duplicating this here to see if other OS X SlickEdit users have run into this.

Inside my copy/configuration of SlickEdit 12.0.3.0 for OS X, I have the following configured underneath Extension Options | HTML Formatting Options | Tag Options for the following HTML elements:  (default), (block), (preserve content), (semi-block), (treat as content).

Has End Tag:  Turned on
Insert end tag on '>':  Turned on

I have not changed the Tag Options for any of the individual HTML elements.

When I edit an HTML file, entering '>' to end a start tag does not automatically insert an end tag.  Is there another option (or two) that I can check to get this working?  Or, is this a bug inside SlickEdit 12.0.3.0 on OS X?

Nathan

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 3
Re: SlickEdit 12.0.3.0 for OS X: HTML Insert end tag on '>' not working
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 08:03:32 PM »
Hey jkwuc89,

As you've configured it, it should work. Can you check to see if it's turned on? Are "Document > XML/HTML Formatting > Enable HTML Formatting" and "Document > XML/HTML Formatting > Tag Layout" both checked?

If they are, HTML Formatting can still be toggled off for the current document under "Document > XML/HTML Formatting > Current Document Options..."

Let me know if you're still not seeing insertion of end tags and HTML Formatting is turned on.

Nathan