Author Topic: How to apply 13.0.1 hotfix on UNIX network install?  (Read 3448 times)

sjp

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
How to apply 13.0.1 hotfix on UNIX network install?
« on: July 24, 2008, 04:22:17 PM »
I'm trying to apply the hotfix to 13.0.1 on my Solaris network install and having problems.  Shouldn't I just have to patch the install area for all users to get the hotfix?  It looks like each user has to apply the hotfix for it to take effect, which doesn't make sense.  When applying it as myself, I also get:

Error compiling module: /home/jones/.slickedit/13.0.1/hotfixes/errorcfgdlg.e. Message not available

Window where vs was run from shows:

/home/jones/.slickedit/13.0.1/hotfixes/errorcfgdlg.e 14 0:Unable to open include file: Search.sh

SlickEdit Support

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 29
Re: How to apply 13.0.1 hotfix on UNIX network install?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 06:05:47 PM »
Hi sjp and all,

The hotfix loader as it stands consists of small, localized changes to address a specific problem with a SlickEdit release, to be loaded on an individual level.  We are currently looking into options that will satisfy your desire to be able to load these on a global level for your network install, so that any user running SlickEdit from your network will have access to SlickEdit with all hotfixes.

With regards to the hotfix that you are trying to load, can you please send a copy of the zip file to support@slickedit.com?
I simply want to confirm if it is the latest version, Revision: 17 Date: 22-July-2008, and test it on a Solaris machine here.

Thanks,
SlickEdit Support