Author Topic: References preview window stops updating if you use mouse scroll  (Read 5234 times)

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
I want to check if anyone else is seeing this before I report to support, in case it's something I've done.

With 13.0.1 hotfix rev 14, start slick, use ctrl-/ (push-ref) and the references toolbar comes up.  Up/down arrow in the left hand treeview and the references preview edit control updates to show the location of that item.  Then put mouse cursor on the preview and use mouse wheel scroll to move the edit window up down.  Now go back to the treeview and select a different item  - the preview control remains unchanged and doesn't update to show the selected symbol.  The information just above the preview window does update though  - filename/ line number etc.  Closing the ref toolbar and re-opening does not fix the problem.  Just discovered (while writing this) that double clicking in either the ref preview window or the treeview does fix the problem and the updating starts working again.

Graeme

at5dapa1

• Hero Points: 24
Re: References preview window stops updating if you use mouse scroll
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 01:08:25 PM »
I have the same. If I scroll the references' preview it will not update unless I select a new reference from another file (for example the resulted references are from x.cpp and x.hpp and I scrolled when it was a selected ref from cpp, but then selecting a ref from hpp, then the preview starts working again).

The same thing is happening to me with Preview toolbar too.
WinXP, SE13.0.1 latest hotfix (r17), Preview and References toolbars floating on a 2nd screen.
Daniel

chrisant

• Hero Points: 131
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 06:38:12 PM »
It periodically stops updating for me, but I hadn't yet tracked down repro steps.  Yep, it's the mouse wheel.

chrisant

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 07:05:10 PM »
It seems that the Preview actually does update, it merely does not scroll the current line into view, if you click on multiple symbols from the same file.  If you click on a symbol from another file, the window recovers and scrolls the current line into view.

ScottW, VP of Dev

• Hero Points: 64
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 02:58:49 PM »
I've been able to reproduce this. It also occurs when you scroll using the scrollbar. I'll look into this and see what we can do.  Thanks for reporting this.

chrisant

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 08:29:05 AM »
I saw that hotfix r20 fixes this issue -- thanks!  :)