Author Topic: Hierarchical view for Java project?  (Read 4390 times)

schugh

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Hierarchical view for Java project?
« on: August 21, 2008, 09:11:36 PM »
In the project window, it is possible to get a hierarchical view of the project files instead of a flat view?

Thanks,

-- Sanjay

hs2

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 292
Re: Hierarchical view for Java project?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 10:42:02 PM »
Project window ? I assume it's not the Project toolbar you're referring to b/c there are a number of possibilities to sort the project files in a hierarchical manner. Do you mean the Project Properties>Files tab or the Files toolbar>Project Files ?
Be aware that you can also use the Project toolbar>(r-click) context menu to manage the project files. That's sometimes quite useful e.g. when removing files from a project.
HS2

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 12:04:51 AM »
As hs2 said, in the project toolbar you can sort hierarchically  - but it's not obvious how  - right click on the project name, select "auto folder" and choose directory view.  I wonder if there's a better name than "auto folder"?

Graeme
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 05:12:06 AM by Graeme »

schugh

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 09:14:23 PM »
I meant View->Toolbars->Project.
The projects toolbar window which shows all your project files etc.
Right now, with the Package View, I get a view like:

com.companyname.abc.def
Then underneath, the files for that namespace etc.

I wanted a view like in IntelliJ or eclipse, where the tree shows, "com", you exand that then it shows "companyname", then "abc", then "def" then the files.
The AutoFolder->Directory structure isn't quite what I want as it works off the actual physical directory structure starting off the very top.

-- Sanjay