Author Topic: 'Current context' out of range  (Read 5985 times)

nuser

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
'Current context' out of range
« on: September 07, 2006, 12:32:05 PM »
Hi, all,
I have a small question:
My 'current context' box is not fitted in the toolbar (it extends a little out of the toolbar, see attached picture). I want it to be located in the toolbar with the size of other icons.

Dennis

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 517
Re: 'Current context' out of range
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 04:08:01 PM »
With small icons, and with your current dialog font, it just turns out that the current context is taller than the button bars.  Try a smaller (less tall) dialog font.  You probably won't be able to get them to match exactly, but it will be closer.

Phil Barila

• Hero Points: 61
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 05:06:11 PM »
If you happen to choose a font SlickEdit can't handle, so that when you attempt to restart SlickEdit and it immediately crashes, the SlickEdit.ini file is where you fix it.  MS Sans Serif is the default, and that worked for me to restore SlickEdit to working order.  SlickEdit might want to disable selection of those fonts it's going to barf on.
P.S.  I sent the crash reports to Microsoft.  I hope SlickEdit had the wisdom to engage with MSFT to fetch those and use them.

nuser

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 03:31:29 AM »
thanks!
I have changed the font size of dialog. Not perfect, but closer to the button bar.

Dennis

• Hero Points: 517
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 02:28:20 PM »
Also, if this is just an asthetic issue rather than a wasting a few pixels issue, you can go to View > Toolbars > Customize... and adjust the vertical spacing for the bitmaps on your toolbar buttons.  The default vertical spacing is 0, but if you bump it up to 1 or 2, the sizes might match up better with your current context toolbar.

Also, also, there is an current context tool available.  Go to View > Toolsbars > Customize... and select the "Categories" tab and then "Tagging".  The combo box can be dragged onto any of your button bars.  The disadvantage of this alternate current context tool is that it is not resizable, but it is much more compact.