Author Topic: .NET on Linux (mono, C#)  (Read 3478 times)

zrichmond

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
.NET on Linux (mono, C#)
« on: September 09, 2008, 11:38:39 pm »
I instead of reviving http://community.slickedit.com/index.php?topic=2585.0 I figured I would let the dev team know that as of monodevelop 2.0 (already Alpha)  release, VisualStudio 2005/2008 sln format will be default.  It would be nice if this was the case for the linux version of slickedit too, and since VS sln files are already supported on Windows, how hard could this be?

Thanks, Zak

FYI I am currently evaluating slickedit for all my code needs, and if .NET on linux was a bit more seamless/integrated with other IDE's that would definitely be a tipping point.

Bhelyer

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 3
Re: .NET on Linux (mono, C#)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 01:12:50 am »
I'm developing a personal project using C# on Linux, and it does what I want. I just use a makefile to compile the project. I little more integration would be nice, I agree, especially in the case of debugging. I sort of agree with you on the the Visual Studio project thing. I mean, when working in C/C++ You have three options: SlickEdit's XML format, a hand maintained makefile, or an automatically maintained makefile. The automatic makefile project is preferable to me, because otherwise I have to maintain a separate makefile (or whatever) so other people are able to compile the project.