Author Topic: Bookmarks not working in txt files  (Read 8022 times)

davecazz

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Bookmarks not working in txt files
« on: September 16, 2008, 09:04:44 PM »
Hello, I have bookmarks working correctly in my .as files but for some reason, I cant set them in my txt files. I didn't see anything in language settings that would have disabled them for some reason.

Also, does the modified color only work for the margin? Is there anyway to implement a color code for the entire line that can signify that a line has been modified? for example, my normal color is black backgroudn with grey text. if the line has been modified, I would like the text to be light blue.

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 77
Re: Bookmarks not working in txt files
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 09:27:43 PM »
Insert Quote
Hello, I have bookmarks working correctly in my .as files but for some reason, I cant set them in my txt files. I didn't see anything in language settings that would have disabled them for some reason.

There is no reason why bookmarks shouldn't work in text files...as long as the files belong to your workspace.  The bookmark system in Eclipse does not work for files which are not part of your workspace.  Is that the problem?

Also, does the modified color only work for the margin? Is there anyway to implement a color code for the entire line that can signify that a line has been modified?

Unfortunately, no...it only affects the margin.

- Ryan

davecazz

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 10:31:13 PM »
yea, that is probably it, I want to use slickedit to edit other files that might not be part of the current workspace (task lists, etc).   is there no way to get it working with files outside of the workspace?

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 77
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 11:20:40 PM »
You can certainly use SlickEdit to edit files external to your workspace, you just won't be able to set bookmarks in those files.