Author Topic: Emulating Visual Studio Solution  (Read 7076 times)

abushnell

Emulating Visual Studio Solution
« on: September 30, 2008, 01:14:02 PM »
We have a Visual Studio 2008 solution file that has several projects (both C# and C++) divided up amongst several top level Visual Studio Solution Folders. Visual Slickedit does not read this in properly and munges up the order etc. What I was wondering is if there is a way to create a Visual Studio WOrkspace that I can emulate the same top level "Solution folder" structure and in additoin, add the individual project files to that Workspace?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/tips etc.

- Andrew

Matthew

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 44
Re: Emulating Visual Studio Solution
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 02:05:59 PM »
Right now our support for solution-level virtual folders in Visual Studio solutions only includes support for the default "Solution Items" folder. We have some improvements planned for the next major release, but this is not a quick change.

abushnell

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 02:09:10 PM »
OK, thanks for the prompt reply. Do visual slickedit workspaces themselves have a concept of "virtual folders" where possibly I could emulate it somehow?

Matthew

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 44
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 02:30:11 PM »
No, we don't have the solution-level virtual folders. We do have the concept of these types of organization folders on the project level for organizing source files. The SlickEdit project/workspace code has been around a while, well before MSFT come up with the "anything goes" approach to folder organization. Since our project tree has to handle SlickEdit project formats as well as several 3rd party formats, it's going to take some delicate surgery to add that support without nuking everything else.

abushnell

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 02:46:19 PM »
Understood, great thanks :-)