Author Topic: 13.0.2 Autocomplete annoyance?  (Read 2313 times)

skywise

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 9
13.0.2 Autocomplete annoyance?
« on: October 03, 2008, 09:17:13 pm »
Windows XP, C++ file, I've got the auto-complete options set for "Tab cycles through choices" and "Insert Selected" and display after 250 ms idle, the other options are cleared.

I've got an enum that looks something like:
Code: [Select]
enum SlickEditSample
{
SE_OPTION_ONE,
SE_OPTION_TWO
};
If I'm typing some code, like:

option_value = SE_OPTION
and pause for a sec.

Slickedit will pop up a box correctly showing the _ONE and _TWO options, which is fine.

But if I type in the rest of the enum (instead of selecting the choice) so the line now appears as:

option_value = SE_OPTION_TWO
The choice box will stay up.  If I click elsewhere on that window with the mouse, the choice box will stay up.

If I tap ESC to dismiss the box, it dismisses the box BUT CHANGES THE LINE back to the point where the box appeared, in this case:

option_value = SE_OPTION_
Can anyone else reproduce this?

hs2

• Hero Points: 281
Re: 13.0.2 Autocomplete annoyance?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 10:16:04 pm »
No - works for me... (v13.0.2 r6 / v12.0.3 r35)
HS2

skywise

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 10:24:59 pm »
Weird... I've had this problem for awhile but I only now figured out how to repeat it.

Also just discovered that if you follow those steps above to get the choice box up and then click elsewhere on the screen with another line of text, causing the cursor to be set there and then hit ESC, the box will be removed and that entire line will be replaced with the line you were originally editing when the box first popped up.

I'm running straight 13.0.2 with no hotfixes.

hs2

• Hero Points: 281
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 10:34:57 pm »
Hmm - the hotfixes up to r6 seem (!) to be unrelated to your problem. However, I'd recommend to install them.
HS2

skywise

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 11:26:40 pm »
Yeah I'll give that a shot in a bit here...

I've been going through turning off various options relating to auto-complete and context tagging but can't seem to change this behavior.  Also tried changing keymap mode (I'm in brief) which, oddly enough, when I went back to Brief gave me new options I don't recall seeing before...

Also, the choice/context box has to still be on the screen when you hit the ESC button.  I've alleviated this somewhat by chopping down the update after ms idle time from 3000 ms to 250 ms which seems to have an effect on the box dismissal time.