Author Topic: Tag file bleed  (Read 4376 times)

dunkers

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 36
Tag file bleed
« on: October 10, 2008, 02:47:51 AM »
In SE 13.0.2 I'm using a project which has the compiler defined as some ppc-linux-gcc cross compiler under Cygwin, so the include files path points to the sanitised kernel headers. I also have several other compiler tag files (DOS, Borland C++B, 8051, etc).

In my source I have a time() statement, and if I rest my cursor on 'time' the preview window shows me the time() definition. However, the definition it shows me is from the DOS compiler and not the GCC one.

If I load the project into SE 13.0.0 then the correct gcc header is used instead. Back to 13.0.2 and the DOS one is used. The project was initially created in 12.x I think, so it's been working fine for a long time.

SE should not be going anywhere near the DOS tags file for this project. It looks to me like SE is ignoring whatever compiler is set in the project properties and just assuming the default compiler. The same thing happens for other projects that specify other compilers - the actual tag file used is the DOS one (which just happens to be my defaults because it's the smallest).
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 02:58:04 AM by dunkers »

dunkers

Re: Tag file bleed
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 10:17:09 AM »
Just want to reiterate that this is a quite serious bug that is having a an impact on my work. When coding Linux drivers, for instance, it doesn't help to be shown Borland DOS library prototypes. More importantly, the prototypes for things like printk() and unregister_blkdev() are not shown and auto-complete doesn't work. I have to resort to using man :(

Dennis

• Hero Points: 517
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 02:45:52 PM »
Yes, this is a bug.  I will check in a fix and ask support to update the hot fix as soon as possible.

dunkers

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 03:46:37 PM »
Thanks very much, Dennis :)

dunkers

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 09:04:11 PM »
Any idea when this hotfix might appear? Apart from the problem described here, there's a chance it might be related to the freeze I get when starting SE. Similar thing reported here:

http://community.slickedit.com/index.php?topic=3758.0

with the suspicion that a big file might be involved. Naturally, one of my tag files is over 100MB and I'm keen not to have this looked at unless it's absolutely necessary.